Yesterday was Adelyn's baptism and it was a very special day. Not only was it Father's Day, but she also had her Grandparents and Great Grandparents in town for her baptism. Addy was the cutest baby in the whole church and definitely had the most beautiful dress. Wendy took my wedding dress and had a baptism gown made out of it. She had the slip made from my wedding slip, the dress made from my dress (buttons and all) and a matching bonnet and booties. It was an absolutely beautiful dress and it was so special that it was made from my wedding dress. Adelyn also got a very precious gift from her Great Grandma Elaine. She gave Addy a gold necklace with a cross, which is the same gift her grandmother gave her which she wore to her baptism, confirmation and her wedding. Brian's mom and sister also followed this tradition and now Adelyn can continue it as well. Adelyn did a great job during the baptism and looked like an absolute angel. Brian and I were very proud of her.
It was so great to have Brian's family in town for the special day and to have them spend so much time with Addy. She definitely bonded with everyone and will miss them now that they are gone. I think she will be bored now that she's just stuck with just Mom and Dad and doesn't have the attention of a room full of people.

Posing for pictures in her baptism dress on the her blanket both made from my wedding dress.

Everyone at the church after the baptism.


The Father's together on Father's Day.

Enjoying time with Great Grandpa Bill.

Taking a nap with Great Grandma Elaine.
Adelyn is so sweet in all the picture posts. Sorry I missed getting around the whole circle of folks when I called on Sunday. I had overnight guests who had just arrived that I had to get back to. Glad to hear that the whole fandamily had a nice visit -- wish we could have been there too.
ReplyDeleteWill the christening gown also be used by your brother? It's so pretty, more babies should get to wear it.
The cross necklace started when I was baptized and received one from my Grandma Drahn. Then Grandma Possehl gave one to Heather and now she also gave one to Adelyn. We both wore it at our confirmations. I had it in my wedding bouquet and Heather had it around her wrist at her wedding. Adelyn is the third generation of first born girls to carry on this tradition.
ReplyDelete