Over the past couple of weeks Addy has been on a kick of putting her hands in her pockets. She gets this smirk on her face and then walks around with the cutest proudest swagger you've ever seen. She twists back and forth to accentuate the fact that her hands are in her pockets. She especially loves it when both she and I have jackets on and we can both put our hands in our pockets and if I don't put my hands in my pockets I'm scolded for it. Well, the other morning we were walking to daycare (she had a mini-veto on the stroller for a few days) and Addy had her hands in her pockets. Unfortunately she had a misstep on the sidewalk and fell face-first and was unable to catch herself because her hands were in her pockets. I scooped her up and ran her home as the blood was coming out of her mouth. I was trying not to panic myself but her lips were huge- both of them were completely swollen and bleeding. Luckily Addy is an extremely good patient and LOVES ice packs more than anything in the world so she was loving that I was wanting to ice her mouth. It broke my heart and made me smile at the same time. Unfortunately we realized that night that she had actually chipped a tiny part of her tooth. It's been about a week and it doesn't seem to be bothering her anymore and her lip is finally looking better. Here is a pic our poor little patient. I mean really have you ever seen anything so sad?
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment