I love this time of year. Really, truly, love the holiday season. I've really been thinking hard about traditions we can start now so Addy can grow up to love this time of year as well. Last weekend we drove to the mountains to go tubing at one of the ski resorts. I heard someone else talking about taking their 2-year-old there and how much she loved it so I thought it might be fun for Addy. Not so much. She was pretty scared of the hills and just kept saying "cooooold, too cold." We gave it a try several times but she really wasn't into it. Maybe next year.
Then on Sunday I thought it would be fun to take her downtown to see all of the decorations, trees and holiday stuff. We went to this hotel that has a "teddy bear suite" which is one of their rooms completely decorated in Christmas stuff and tons of teddy bears. I thought for sure Addy would love it. Again, not so much. She would hardly even look at the teddy bears, refused to touch them and was really only interested in the small table of books that they had in the room. Of course.
The real tragedy for me was later that day when I went to turn on the Christmas music at home. Addy said "no Christmas music!" What? What is wrong with her? Seriously, how can she not love Christmas music? Ok I admit I've been playing it every day since November 1st so maybe she's had her fill but that is what this time of year is for. I just pray it's not too late for her.
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment