Saturday, July 28, 2012

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep...

Brian and I have been holding off for awhile now on transitioning Addy out of the crib. I will be honest, I still love the fact that when I want her to go to bed I can put her in her crib and leave the room. and know that she can't get out (I know she could but she's never tried!) But, I realize it can't be like that forever so last night Brian lowered her crib and the side rail so now she can get in and out by herself. She was so incredibly proud of herself, she must have gotten in and out of her "big girl bed" at least 20 times before bed. It was pretty cute. But the actual staying in bed part was not so easy. She tried every trick in the book and pushed her bedtime way later than normal. Just when Brian and I thought she was finally down, we heard footsteps come down the stairs and there she was looking incredibly proud of herself. She finally went to bed and we were hoping this meant she wouldn't get up at her new favorite time of 5:50, but sure enough the next morning I heard her talking at 5:51. Brian called to her to remind her that she could get out herself and then she came into our room. We naively thought she might crawl into bed and cuddle with us, of course that did not happen. Tonight she went down much better, fingers crossed she sleeps in a little later.

No comments:

Post a Comment