I've always joked that Addy should be a detective. Whenever I try and hide something from her she sniffs it out instantly, and literally if it has to do with food. That girl can smell something from a mile away. The other night while they were playing I snuck a few peanut butter pretzels. Several minutes later I walk in and Addy says "I smell peanut butter, mommy were you eating something?"
And perhaps more than once I've snuck something for dessert hoping she wouldn't notice but of course she does every time. Then she always reminds me that "whatever I have she wants to have too" and then she proceeds to help herself.
Cameron is the same when it comes to sensing if he is going to be left out of something. Often times we tell Addy she can watch TV either during Cameron's nap or after he goes to bed at night. As soon as I lean over to whisper something to Addy, Cameron just yells, "I want to do it too!" Addy has been good about pretending to Cameron that she's not doing anything fun but I think he even has figured her out. Brian and I have to tell him that we are just doing "boring work" or going to the "boring store" whenever we go or do something without him so that he doesn't feel left out. I'm not sure that it's really working because he always makes it clear that he wants to be included in everything and is quite upset at the mere thought of being left out.
Thursday, March 26, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment