Friday, June 24, 2016

Graduation Girl

On Wednesday, Addy had her Kindergarten graduation. I wasn't sure what to expect given how surprised and emotional I was at her preschool graduation. Apparently my emotional weakness comes out during graduations! Within minutes of it starting I already had tears in my eyes, I think it's the music that gets to me! The kids did a processional with their caps and they just looked so proud and adorable. Then they played an awesome slideshow that the teacher put together showing videos and photos from throughout the year. I couldn't stop crying while watching it.
Then Addy got her certificate of completion from the teacher (who is the best ever!) who did a really good job of recognizing just how much these kids accomplished in kindergarten. I think it is true that there is no other single year of school when kids make such dramatic improvements from the beginning of the year to the end. Then I really lost it when her teacher went out of her way to recognize the contribution Brian had made to the classroom through his weekly volunteering. He was presented with a book from the kids and a special thank you. I could not have been more proud of both Adelyn and Brian!
Luckily the ceremony wasn't too long so I was able to pull it together and the kids celebrated with snacks and cupcakes. It was a wonderful program and we now have a first-grader in the house!








 Her mini graduate says "When I grow up I want to be an artist and paint pictures." 


No comments:

Post a Comment