Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Last Day of 1st Grade!

Addy had her last day of school today (I know!) They had to add on 3 extra days because of snow days (yes, you read that right). So now it's onto summer and making the most of every day, but first I have to recognize what an amazing year our first grader had. Here is her top 10 list of first grade.

10. Dancing in Music
 9. Field Trips
 8. Library Checkout
 7. Indoor Recess
 6. Art
 5. Assemblies
 4. Friends
 3. Reading
 2. Corner bookmarks
 1. My teacher!

And her teacher recorded such a sweet message about Addy that it made me a little teary.

Hi Adelyn, I just wanted to take a moment to tell you how proud I am of all the things you accomplished this year in 1st grade. You are a leader of giving it your very best everyday, whether it was something we were learning or doing in the classroom or whether it was talking to a friend or being helpful to someone else. 
You were there to do your very best every single day and it shines through in all the things you do. You are a model example to other students and I truly appreciate all of your dedication this year. 
Thank you so much for letting me be your 1st grade teacher. I hope you have a fantastic summer. 

We are so proud of you Addy, congrats on finishing 1st grade and watch out 2nd grade, here she comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment