The kids got to school Papa in SORRY and they got him to play "I Can Do That" which is a Dr. Suess game that is great if you are a small child, less so as an adult. This post will never do it justice, but we were playing that game on Papa's last night here and he had a terrible pain in his neck. But my dad is a fierce competitor so he wasn't going to let a little pain get in his way of a competition. He drew the worst combination of cards (if you're an adult) which meant he had to crawl under the trick-a-ma-stick. Never to say he can't do something, my dad proceeded to shimmy his way under the stick, while clearly in pain. I was laughing so hard I could hardly breathe, but the whole time I was worried we were going to have to take him to the Dr. after because he wouldn't be able to move his neck. Luckily he made it through and could say "I can do that" when it was all done.
Monday, January 29, 2018
Game Time
We won't talk about the "big game" that happened when Papa was here so we'll focus on all of the other games we played. The kids got to show off their bike skills on the way home from school and Cameron got to show Papa his baseball skills. They did a lot of Legos and read a lot of books. Cameron showed off his new reading skills and Addy impressed with her math and typing skills. While the game that should not be mentioned was a disappointment, the silver lining is that Cameron came in 3rd place in his football picks (in a league my Dad does every year.) Both kids picked teams at the beginning of the year and by the end of the year Cameron had 3 of the 4 team from the play-offs picked. No matter who wins the SuperBowl Cam wins (and beat Papa in the pool!)
The kids got to school Papa in SORRY and they got him to play "I Can Do That" which is a Dr. Suess game that is great if you are a small child, less so as an adult. This post will never do it justice, but we were playing that game on Papa's last night here and he had a terrible pain in his neck. But my dad is a fierce competitor so he wasn't going to let a little pain get in his way of a competition. He drew the worst combination of cards (if you're an adult) which meant he had to crawl under the trick-a-ma-stick. Never to say he can't do something, my dad proceeded to shimmy his way under the stick, while clearly in pain. I was laughing so hard I could hardly breathe, but the whole time I was worried we were going to have to take him to the Dr. after because he wouldn't be able to move his neck. Luckily he made it through and could say "I can do that" when it was all done.
The kids got to school Papa in SORRY and they got him to play "I Can Do That" which is a Dr. Suess game that is great if you are a small child, less so as an adult. This post will never do it justice, but we were playing that game on Papa's last night here and he had a terrible pain in his neck. But my dad is a fierce competitor so he wasn't going to let a little pain get in his way of a competition. He drew the worst combination of cards (if you're an adult) which meant he had to crawl under the trick-a-ma-stick. Never to say he can't do something, my dad proceeded to shimmy his way under the stick, while clearly in pain. I was laughing so hard I could hardly breathe, but the whole time I was worried we were going to have to take him to the Dr. after because he wouldn't be able to move his neck. Luckily he made it through and could say "I can do that" when it was all done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment