When I think back on the last 13 years of my life there have been a lot of incredible changes; getting married, having kids, moving to a new home to just name a few. Throughout all of these changes, there has been one constant (besides Brian). One thing that has been there for me through everything. Something that sometimes played a major role, like when we took Addy home for the first time, and sometimes in a less significant role, but nevertheless always constant. If it were up to me, this something would be around for a major future change as well, like when Addy learns to drive and gets her license. However, all good things must come to an end, and today is that day.
It was just over 13 years ago that I bought my first car (I didn't buy Mama Cass) and today I had to say good-bye. I don't particularly care about cars, but I honestly was thinking I would keep this car until Addy could drive and it would be her car. It is hard to believe how much our lives have changed from when we first got this car. It saw me through every major change of the last decade. I know it's just a car and I know Brian, and especially the kids, are not at all sad to see it go. But, I am and I think she's earned this tribute.
We are now officially a family in the 'burbs. Brian now drives a minivan (he calls it a "man-van"), so I have his old car and so we say goodbye to the Mazda. Or "Mommy's stinky car" as Cameron calls it. She will be missed, even if it's only by me.
Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment