We didn't get up as early on Day 2, but everyone was still pretty excited because this was the day we were going to see as much of Yellowstone as we could in one day. It was still a couple hours drive to the entrance but I think we got there just after 10 am. While I certainly wish we could have spent more time at the park, we made the most of it and saw some of the major highlights. We skipped Old Faithful in favor of the Grand Pristmatic Spring and I'm so glad we did. I've never seen anything like that, it was so beautiful. Other highlights were Mammoth Springs, a short hike to views of the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone and we saw the massive and beautiful Yellowstone Lake. We saw some antelope and bison, but didn't see as many animals as expected. I guess we'll just have to drive back again...
Mammoth Hot Spings
Grand Canyon of Yellowstone
Grand Prismatic Spring
Lake Yellowstone
Some beautiful sights.
ReplyDelete