We shoveled, sledded and skied, almost falling back into a routine like this is a normal thing. We discovered a new sledding hill, which is the street a few blocks over. The street is so steep it gets shut down and then the kids take over with their sleds. I quickly realized staying at the top was better for me because I couldn't tell just how fast the kids were going or just how close they were to crashing into the cars parked on the side. My heart just couldn't handle the fear at the bottom of the hill. It was awesome though, it felt like all of Addy and Cam's classmates were there and everyone was having a great time. When I figure out videos (again) I'll post them!
Tuesday, February 12, 2019
Snowmageddon Part II
The forecast for part II was spot on. Almost exactly as predicted, the snow started falling at noon on Friday and continued into Saturday morning. Total accumulation for this one was about the same as the first, approximately 5-6 inches. The craziest part was how the city reacted to the threat of a second storm. Stores were out of all staples, milk, eggs, bread. It was crazy and I am not exaggerating. It was complete panic.
We shoveled, sledded and skied, almost falling back into a routine like this is a normal thing. We discovered a new sledding hill, which is the street a few blocks over. The street is so steep it gets shut down and then the kids take over with their sleds. I quickly realized staying at the top was better for me because I couldn't tell just how fast the kids were going or just how close they were to crashing into the cars parked on the side. My heart just couldn't handle the fear at the bottom of the hill. It was awesome though, it felt like all of Addy and Cam's classmates were there and everyone was having a great time. When I figure out videos (again) I'll post them!
We shoveled, sledded and skied, almost falling back into a routine like this is a normal thing. We discovered a new sledding hill, which is the street a few blocks over. The street is so steep it gets shut down and then the kids take over with their sleds. I quickly realized staying at the top was better for me because I couldn't tell just how fast the kids were going or just how close they were to crashing into the cars parked on the side. My heart just couldn't handle the fear at the bottom of the hill. It was awesome though, it felt like all of Addy and Cam's classmates were there and everyone was having a great time. When I figure out videos (again) I'll post them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment