Addy and Izzy are 10
So Addy and Izzy have made it to 10!
I'm writing this poem of how it might have been
Had you reached that age in nineteen twenty-seven
For that was the year I was almost eleven.
As you know, I am older by ninety-two years.
And I have a story for your tender ears.
I didn't have cell phones, just horses not cars,
For lights in the evenings we mostly had stars.
I remember one Christmas we went on a sleigh
It was dar, its as cold on that Christmas Eve day!
Horse-drawn we went up and over the hills
Even with the moon shining I still had the chills.
But alas! We tipped over! The presents got tossed!
No lanterns! Just moonlight! We thought they were lost!
So your great-great grandpa then dug in the snow
To find all the presents before we could go.
But we made it to grandma's that Christmas Eve night.
So I chose this story about which to write.
I hope that your Christmas is happy and fun,
And now that this poem is nearly quite done,
I wish you a Christmas packed full of good cheer,
And hope that you each have a Happy New Year!








No comments:
Post a Comment