Thursday, April 9, 2020

Spring Break Quarantine!

This week is the kid's spring break. We were supposed to be staying in a condo on the beach in Oregon. Since that isn't happening we've done our best to make this staycation special. We made a big list of the things we wanted to do and I'm proud of us that we did most of them. Some of them I'd definitely do again, others I think should be a once in a lifetime experience, like the coronavirus.
We loved going on a new hike that has some very technical parts, including crossing a creek. We have averaged at least 2 walks a day, if not more. On one of them, we saw almost all of our good neighborhood family friends and the kids were so excited to see their friends they kept saying "this is the best day ever!" We also did a Movie Marathon where each of us picked out a movie to watch and we watched them all in one day. The movies we watched were The Neverending Story, Spies in Disguise, Napoleon Dynamite, and Onward. Four movies was too many and we all felt a little sick and like zombies when it was over so I would not recommend that. We also decided to go camping in the backyard. Even though it was a beautiful week, camping in April is pretty ambitious. We were bundled up like snowmen and we all woke up at 2:30 am and Cameron asked "Is it time for breakfast now?" We knew we wouldn't fall back asleep so we called it and went into the house. The silver lining is that we got to see the super moon at 2:30 in the morning which was cool. S'mores in April I'd do again, camping probably not.







No comments:

Post a Comment