Disclaimer: this needs to be a no judgment post. I understand we are in the middle of a pandemic. I take the warnings seriously. I understand there are many unknowns ahead and everyone has a different comfort level with what is happening. So this post, and the next several (so much to tell!), are meant to help me remember just how incredibly special the last week was.
The long story short version is that we decided to go back to the midwest and spend a week with my family and stay at my sister's cabin. In three words I would sum it up as the BEST!WEEK!EVER!
We decided to fly instead of the original road trip plan and it was very smooth. As Cameron likes to say "3 hours is way better than 3 days!" He is right! The airport and planes were not crowded, everyone was extra kind and it felt very safe and clean. For the next 7 days we were spoiled by everyone we saw, by picture perfect weather and felt the joy and relaxation that only comes with unwinding with the circle of people who love you most.
I am not sure if it was the comparison to quarantine and COVID concerns that made it feel different but whatever it was it worked and it was one of the best weeks we've ever had. It felt normal. It felt like summer. It felt relaxing. My cup is full again.

Nice to see the whole Swanson family together.
ReplyDelete