Sunday, October 25, 2020

Week 1- DONE!

The kids finished their first week "at the new school" online. Both kids really like their teachers and have found the transition to be much easier than they expected. Adelyn especially likes her new teacher and they started a writing assignment and her teacher was super impressed with what a strong writer she is. The kids have handled this transition extremely well but admit that it's still very strange to belong to a school that they've never even been inside. With the way things are going I'm not optimistic that they will even see the inside of the school in this school year. They've officially pushed any in person learning options out until 2021. 

We are all still trying to make the most of this but I can't believe that the kids haven't been in a classroom since March. Luckily they are still reading up a storm and it's as if they have a contest of who can check out the most books from the library and read them the fastest. Addy keeps a reading journal for her new class and I'm guessing in 1 week she's read as many books as some kids have all year. I remain infinitely grateful for my kids ability to maintain their love of reading and ability to stay engaged in remote learning.  This has been a true test in adaptability and resiliency and I am incredibly proud of these two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment