Sunday, May 8, 2022

The Work of Cameron

I know I had a previous post bragging about my poet daughter. I also know that Cameron was aware of that post because last week after I read one of his new poem's and shared with him how much I loved it he said, "So are you gonna post this on the blog and tell everyone how much you love it?" 
Yes, Cameron, as a matter of fact I will. This one is for you. 
And Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful mom's out there. May we never lose the right to decide how and when we choose to become a mom or not. 

Poem's and Art by Cameron Evert

Black Is

Black makes me feel empty,
but more full than ever before. 
Black sounds like the sky on a moonless night. 
Black's smell has a desire
the smell of smoke, 
a new campfire. 
Black taste like rotting fruit, 
left in the basket for far too long. 
Black is a shade of every color, 
mixed over and over again. 
Black is White
just
not. 
Black is a color that seems dark and cold,
but if you look closer you'll find a joy that's very very old. 
Black is a jewel, full of light. 

My Mom

My Mother is as sweet as a strawberry filled donut. 
She could be as famous as her Sour Cream Coffee Cake.
My Mother laughs when I make a bad joke
and then I laugh my gut out.
My Mom smiles when I'm happy so I do my best 
to be as happy as I can at all the times I can.
One of my Mom's favorite things to do is watch the sunset. 
My Mother is as cool as a python wearing sunglasses. 
My Mom is stronger than THE ROCK. 



1 comment: