I have mentioned to several people over the last few weeks that I think I am the happiest I've ever been in my life right now. I actually didn't hate high school, in fact I kind of liked it, and I really loved my college years, but honestly I don't see how it gets better than what I have right now. Being a mom is even better than I ever imagined it could be, Addy is such a joy, Brian and I are as happy as we've ever been, and we just feel incredibly lucky. I feel as my "happily ever after" is happening right before my eyes. I feel grateful every day.
Tomorrow marks 8 years since my mom passed away and although that always makes me sad thinking about how much I miss her, this year I have a different perspective on it. I realize now that what a parent wants, more than anything else, is for their child to be happy. And as I mentioned, I am as happy as I have ever known right now, so I can't help but feel that my mom is proud knowing that I feel this way. Of course it's bittersweet to be at this stage in my life and not have my mom with me, but given that I can't change what happened, I feel like the next best thing is for her to know that I truly feel happy and blessed with my life. And while it is hard for me that Brian and Adelyn will never meet my mom, we talk about her so often that I know she will always be a part of their lives. For that I am grateful.
I love you mom.
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Now YOU are making ME cry!! I think about Barb quite often too. I can actually still hear her yelling "MEGAAAN!!" :-)
ReplyDelete