Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Parent Teacher Conference
Yesterday we had our first parent teacher conference for Addy. It's actually something that our daycare does a few times a year for every child in the program (impressive!) and so it was our first. They admitted there generally isn't too much to discuss regarding the infants but its a great chance to get the feedback and to address any concerns we had. It felt very official! They had a list of criteria that they review the children on and they gave us feedback on how Adelyn is progressing. It was very interesting and of course hard not to feel like they should know that she is advanced in everything, just like we think she is. Overall they said she is right on track with most skills and is doing great. She won't move to the next room (waddlers!) until they have an opening but that's ok with me. Things are going really well with daycare, the hardest part for me is that now Addy cries every morning when I drop her off. I give her a big kiss and hug and set her down and then she crawls after me towards the door. When I leave I can see her through the window crying and it's heartbreaking. Luckily I know it lasts for less than a minute before she moves on and finds something else to distract her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment