Baylee, who is 5, was very excited to see Addy, but Erin told me several times to not take it personally if she couldn't remember her name. Apparently it is not one of her strengths. During the time she was here she called Adelyn the following: Abby, Madelyn, Victoria, and Kate. Eventually she finally gave up and just called her friend, cousin or "you". It was hilarious because she did the same thing with all of us. She called Cameron Mike and Ben and then just settled on "little baby." Finally on the very last day as they were leaving Baylee declared, "I've got good news and sad news. The sad news is that I'm going to miss her, the good news is that I remembered her name." But of course, 3 minutes later when I quizzed her she forgot.
This was our attempt to get a photo of all of the kids together. It didn't quite work out but was the only time they were all sitting at the same time.
The trip ended just as crazy as it began. I dropped everyone off at the airport and then got a call from Erin that their flight was canceled since they had a connection through San Francisco and the airport was closed. They discussed all of their options and the soonest they could get out on the same airline with no extra charges was Wednesday, so crazy at it sounds they decided to rent a car and drive back to San Diego which is 1200 miles. Mapquest quoted 20 hours...they made it in 20 hours, with 2 kids and drove all night. I'm still amazed and just hope and pray that they will still be brave enough to come visit us again.
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment