Monday, August 12, 2013

First Time versus Second Time

Oh how having another child changes your perspective on things. Last weekend I went out with some of my mom friends who all have one child around Cameron's age. When I told them I was getting ready to go out of town for a week they responded with such concern and sympathy for me. I heard "oh, that is going to be so hard" and "how are you going to make it?" and "I couldn't imagine doing that." I just nodded and smiled.

But when I told the same news to 2nd or even 3rd time moms they responded with such envy and excitement. The statements were "that is so awesome, what are you going to do with all of that free time?" and "good for you, that is going to be amazing" and "I am SO jealous". I just nodded and smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment