Friday, November 8, 2013

4 Year Check-up

Last week I took Adelyn to the Dr. for her 4 year check-up. She was very nervous about getting any shots so I tried to avoid the subject as much as possible, but I was also very nervous as to how it woudl go. It was her first time seeing a new Dr. and sometimes Addy can be extremely shy so I didn't know what to expect. All I can say is that I could not have been more proud of her. She did everything they asked, she listened to what they said and she followed instructions perfectly. Even when it was evident that she was going to get a shot, she handled it like a big girl. She cried when she got it, but she was very brave. The Dr. said to me as she left, "I'd say you pretty much have a perfect 4 year old." I think I would agree.

The funniest part was that night because Addy still had the bandaids on her leg from the shots and she was hobbling around as if she had a cast on. She wouldn't bend her leg and she walked with a limp and it was just so funny. She looked exactly like an old woman, which means she probably looked exactly like me. Now I know why Brian laughs so hard at me when I do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment