Brian and I agree that within the last couple days Cameron has aged several months. All of the sudden he's like a big boy who understand us and responds appropriately. For example, I have been reading him this sign language book for animals for several months and besides panting when he sees the dog he's never done any of them. Then last night, he did EVERY one. Bunny- check, cat- check, frog- check. I couldn't believe it. He still won't do it on camera, but we all saw him do it.
He also follows instructions very well. If you say "Cameron let's go upstairs for bath" he will start up the stairs and then help you take off his clothes. "Close the drawers" is a favorite task of his, he is always helpful in the kitchen closing things behind me. In the morning he'll even go "get" his shoes and coat (he can't reach them, but he points).
This is not to confuse you into thinking Cameron always does what we ask. That's what to me is the most frustrating part of the stage he's in because now I know he understands me but doesn't do it. Like when he looks me straight in the eye holding his sippy cup and I say, "no, don't drop it" and then he drops it. Then replace sippy cup with food, fork or plate and he does the exact same thing (and now you know our meal routine).
Nevertheless, I am impressed with his latest developments and his ever expanding vocabulary. Just today he pointed to the door and said "door" for the first time and then I sang to him and said "la, la, la" and he repeated it. I know chances are small that we would get two genius children, but it sure looks like we did:)
Sunday, February 23, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment