Brian has been talking to me for awhile now about going camping as a family. I have been stalling for awhile now avoiding a conversation about camping as a family. It's not that I don't enjoy it, but even when we went camping before kids I thought it was a lot of work for what it was. The thought of going camping with kids completely overwhelms me. Why do I want to pack up all of our things to drive a few hours to unpack them and then sleep on the hard ground with bugs and animals? Oh right, because of the experience. I remember now.
In an effort to stall the conversation further, I recommended that Brian do a "trial run" with Adelyn to see if she even likes it. We certainly don't want to take this adventure just to find out she refuses to sleep in a tent. I must give him credit, he went all out to ensure she enjoyed her first time "camping". He went really easy on her and for her first experience they stayed inside.
They cleared out the area before setting up the tent. They gathered all of the necessary equipment (flashlights & fake campfires included) and even had the sound effects of crickets and frogs to serenade them.
Addy loved it! She was excited about the whole experience and especially loved staying up late & sleeping in a sleeping bag (they both stayed up later than me, and Brian fell asleep reading stories to her). Cameron was more than happy to join in on the fun the next morning and Addy claims she is ready to tackle the backyard next! She insists there is enough room for all 3 of us, I'm not convinced just yet. Although it does seem a lot easier than the alternative. Maybe this is a compromise I can live with.
Wednesday, June 4, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment