Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Wild Wild Winthrop


The downtown part of Winthrop is built to look like an old western town and they pull it off very well. We got up early on Saturday and took a little walk through the town and checked out the shops, walked by the river and headed to a local park. It was a great way to burn off some energy before heading to the pool in the afternoon. It was one of the best kids pools I've ever been to and the kids just loved it. Of course, I didn't bring my camera, but Addy really swam! She is really catching on and has no fear of going under the water. She even started opening her eyes and trying to touch the bottom. There was a little slide that the kids went down a million times. Cameron just loved it and couldn't get enough, until of course I helped him down the slide and I was so nervous to let go that I waited to long and he bonked his head. Luckily he was fine, but I felt awful. Go figure that he's safer when I'm not trying to "protect him." 
Of course we were exhausted after that as well, but we had more fun hanging out at Chuck and Robin's. They were the perfect hosts & spoiled the kids rotten and they loved every minute of it. They bought Addy some fairy wings and I swear she hardly ever took them off. They were a huge hit, as was their rocking chair. Cameron just kept saying "rock, rock". It was a wonderful weekend. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment