The kids love going to the farm and I think love even more the basket of toys my Grandma has for them to pick from. Adelyn couldn't believe that she could pick whatever she wanted! Cameron loved the trucks and I'm sure took more than his fair share. In their mind, a visit to Grandma Ruby never disappoints and I couldn't agree more. My grandma never ceases to amaze me. She is now working on a recipe book full of her famous dishes- I had to steal a few photos and I can't wait to make them. Maybe Brian and I will have to start a "west-coast" tradition of the famous Booya soup now that we have the recipe!
Sunday, September 21, 2014
Booya!
As if seeing Lennard & his family and celebrating Wendy's birthday wasn't enough excitement for this trip, we also got to go to Booya for the 2nd year in a row. It was scheduled a few weeks earlier than normal this year, but it was lucky because the weather was really chilly which is perfect for a tradition based on cooking a soup all day over a fire. It was a lot of fun, we all ate way too much (proof below of just 1 of the tables of desserts!) and I can't believe this tradition has been going on for over 20 years!
The kids love going to the farm and I think love even more the basket of toys my Grandma has for them to pick from. Adelyn couldn't believe that she could pick whatever she wanted! Cameron loved the trucks and I'm sure took more than his fair share. In their mind, a visit to Grandma Ruby never disappoints and I couldn't agree more. My grandma never ceases to amaze me. She is now working on a recipe book full of her famous dishes- I had to steal a few photos and I can't wait to make them. Maybe Brian and I will have to start a "west-coast" tradition of the famous Booya soup now that we have the recipe!
The kids love going to the farm and I think love even more the basket of toys my Grandma has for them to pick from. Adelyn couldn't believe that she could pick whatever she wanted! Cameron loved the trucks and I'm sure took more than his fair share. In their mind, a visit to Grandma Ruby never disappoints and I couldn't agree more. My grandma never ceases to amaze me. She is now working on a recipe book full of her famous dishes- I had to steal a few photos and I can't wait to make them. Maybe Brian and I will have to start a "west-coast" tradition of the famous Booya soup now that we have the recipe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment