The last few days have been quite an adventure with Addy. It all started with some innocent bumps on the back of her legs on Friday that I assumed were from playing the tall grass at her school. They were gone Saturday morning but then reappeared midday in different spots all over her body. She had a very slight fever Saturday night but woke up feeling fine Sunday morning. Her bumps reappeared, again in different spots all over her body. She said she felt normal though and had normal energy & appetite, until Sunday night when her fever spiked. I was all set to take her to a walk-in clinic on Monday but after I gave her a bath that morning she didn't have a spot on her and her fever was totally gone. She was feeling normal all day until that night when her fever returned again.
I was able to get her in on Tuesday morning to see the Dr. who said she thought her bumps were hives, although they never did make another appearance. She still had a mild fever so we treated her with Benadryl and Tylenol. Unfortunately on Wednesday her fever was still there so she stayed home from school another day. Luckily she was able to spend the day with our wonderful neighbors (I think it's safe to say it was her most fun "sick" day ever!) and this morning she finally woke up fever-free and was able to return to school. Her energy was back and she returned to her silly self. Thank goodness that is over and I'm so grateful Cameron didn't catch it. Although he did tell me he was sick when he found out Adelyn was going to Bob & Sylvia's because she was sick. He said & I quote, "I go to Bob & Sylvia's too. I sick. I'm not feeling well" and he said this all with his devilish little grin.
Thursday, May 28, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment