It was a weekend of some wonderful "firsts" when it comes to sleep.
On Friday night Cameron and Daddy shared a sleepover in the tent in the living room. Cameron did a great job sleeping in the tent all night and Addy and I had a girls sleepover in my room and she definitely stayed up later than I did.
On Saturday after lunch, Cameron said to Brian and I, "I'm tired I'm going to take a nap on the couch" and he proceeded to go to the couch and put himself down for a nap. He was asleep within 5 minutes. About 30 minutes later Addy asked, "is it ok if I lay down behind the couch? that way I'll be there if Cameron wakes up." And then she made a little bed behind the couch and put herself to sleep. Each kid slept for over 2 hours and it was completely voluntarily!
This morning I was absolutely amazed to rollover and see the clock state 7:05 and realize that Cameron was still asleep. I think it was the latest he's ever slept and Addy slept even later, she was in bed until almost 8:00. I think it's because this was the first cloudy, rainy weekend of the summer and the kids felt like it was time to be cozy and lazy. I felt exactly the same.
Sunday, July 26, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment