Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Joys of Children

Our kids are incredible and they never cease to amaze me and surprise me and make me laugh, but there are stages that I could do without. For Cameron it's boogers. The kid loves to pick his nose and eat his boogers and it is so disgusting, but no matter what we do to try and discourage him I seem to catch him doing it every day. He also loves to pick at his lip and then eat the dry skin he picks off. Totally gross. He does both every day and there is nothing you can do to stop him. I cannot wait for this stage to be over. He clearly enjoys it so much I fear it may be a long time before this passes. 

For Addy, it's her obsession with the Rainbow Fairy books. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love that she loves books as much as she does, but I could do without having to read "the same" book 100 different times. The plot of these books is exactly the same, but they have over hundred (fact check: 220 to be exact) "different" versions where the only change is the name of the fairy and her "magical gift" of choice. She discovered them at the library and has been obsessed for the last several months. I'm so proud of her for wanting to read chapter books and for always wanting more chapters each night, but I don't think I can handle one more story about Rachel and Kirsty's adventures with the fairies and their struggle to defeat Jack Frost and his evil goblins. Spoiler alert: they defeat him every time and the fairy always prevails and her magic is restored. Addy gets very defensive when she hears me say that they are all the same because clearly to her they are so distinctly different. How dare I assume that Danielle the Daisy Fairy has the same challenges as Olivia the Orchid Fairy? The good part is that Addy is crossing off each book that we finish, the bad part is that we have about 198 to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment