Wednesday, October 14, 2015

So You Think You Can Dance

The last couple weeks we started a new routine of a "Dance Party" after dinner. Brian or I get videos queued up on the TV and then we dance like crazy people. At first we started with videos from songs the kids know (mostly Frozen) and then Brian tried some songs from our youth (Michael Jackson and Paula Abdul). Most recently we've landed on current pop songs, but the best ones are the videos showing how to do the dance. We don't have one of those dance video games (gasp!) so this is still novel to all of us. It truly is my favorite part of the day. Addy, of course, takes it very seriously and tries to match the dance moves perfectly, concentrating the entire time. Cameron just wiggles all around and is a total goof ball, and Brian is probably my favorite. He goes for it completely, acts super tough (especially during hip-hop) and talks about how he's going to pull these moves out next time he's out. Lucky for him (or maybe everyone else) he never goes out.  So I think the dance moves of the entire family are safe within our house. When I asked Brian to comment on my dance moves he had two words "Not graceful."
I don't have any pictures because a) they wouldn't do justice to how awesome our family's dance moves are b) Brian would kill me if I shared them with anyone and c) pictures can't capture just how graceful I really am.

1 comment: