Sunday, July 31, 2016

Love Lake Life

The next leg of our trip was spent at the lake and we were happy to have the water to keep us cool. Before arriving we stopped to visit my Grandma at her new place. She looks great at 98 and we had a wonderful time catching up. The kids were spoiled with the toy basket and it was a lot of fun chatting with her. Since Sydney recently got her license (gasp!) my Grandma told the story about how her father had her start driving at 13 and when it was time for her to get her license she mailed 25 cents to Madison, WI and received a license in the mail! Things have changed just a bit since then.

After that we headed to my sister's and watched the Jack, Syd and Papa water ski, rode the jet ski's and Cameron & Addy jumped off the dock about a million times. It was a perfectly relaxing afternoon, minus the run-in with the "river shark." The kids had finally come in from the lake and were eating dinner when I noticed that Cameron had blood on his foot and leg. I was looking for the scratch when on the bottom of his foot I saw something I knew I didn't want to be the one to deal with. So I called my brother over and he pulled a leech off of Cameron's foot. But since it is my brother he had to embellish a bit so he made up a story about Cameron getting bit by a river shark. I don't think Cameron really knew what to think of it (although he was very brave during the whole ordeal) and after Tad telling his hundredth story about river sharks Cameron finally asked "are river sharks real?" We assured him they were not but the legacy stuck and the rest of the trip had a lot of references to Cameron's incredibly brave encounter with the rare river shark and Izzy yelling "Daddy, the bleech got me, the bleech got me!"












No comments:

Post a Comment