Tuesday, August 2, 2016
Lake Life Animals
On Tuesday it was my Dad's turn to host a family party at his cabin (because you need to have 3 days in a row of this!). We were able to see more cousins and they picked up my Grandma on the way so she could hang out with us too. The kids had fun playing on the slide and the kayaks and they loved jumping off the swimming dock. We enjoyed a pontoon ride (both kids drove) and saw lots of ducks and eagles. It was a beautiful full moon so we enjoyed another fire pit that night. After the kids had gone to bed, it was just my Dad, Kathy, Brian and I outside around the fire. It was getting really dark and we couldn't see much but earlier my Dad had told the story about how his neighbors saw a black bear and 3 cubs just a couple of weeks before. I saw something moving and of course it was a cat! They swear they never see cats at their cabin, but I think every time I come I get a special appearance! We scared the cat away and then a few minutes later we all saw a much bigger, much blacker large animal moving. We were totally convinced it was a bear so we all ran into the cabin, I ran to the screen door which was locked and started screaming. Once we were all in safely with the lights on we realized it was just a HUGE dog, (I called it a wolf dog). We laughed hysterically and compared our story of the bear with the legend of the river shark.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment