Monday, August 15, 2016

Wiped Out

There is only one way to describe how the kids look by the end of a typical summer day. Wiped Out. Well I guess there are more: drop-dead tired, pooped, worn out, beat, done for. You get the idea.
At least 3 times a week they are fast asleep on the couch when I get home because they can't even stay awake until dinner. It's no wonder they are tired, they have been having an absolute blast the last few weeks. Between swimming lessons, soccer, dance, play dates, splash park, bike riding and the beach, every day is an adventure and they play until they literally cannot move. I love everything about it and am so happy they get to have such an amazing summer.
Well I guess there is one thing I don't love. When they fall asleep before dinner that means we need to wake them up to eat dinner. That never goes well and they fight having to get up and then when it's actually time for bed they fight going to bed. Oh well, I guess it's a small price to pay for a summer full of fun.
Here is what I arrive home to find after a typical summer day. Life is good.





No comments:

Post a Comment