The other night, I was reading a book to the kids that had a nice message about how everyone has their own strengths and the key to teamwork is focusing on what each person is best at. I asked the kids what they thought their strengths were. Right away Cameron said, "Addy is a really good reader." Addy nodded and then said, "Well, I'm really good at reading very long and difficult words." We agreed this was true and that Addy could use her strength to help Cameron learn to read and to help he friends at school pronounce difficult words.
Then I asked Cameron was his strengths were and Addy quickly said, "Cameron is really good at hitting people." I tried to hide my smile and said that I didn't really think that was something someone should be good at. Addy tried changing it to pushing people, and again I tried to focus it back on something more positive. Then Cameron sat up straight and yelled, "I know! I know what my super strength is! My ninja skills!"
Addy and I both smiled and she turned right to me and gave me her eye roll look and shook her head. Cameron saw and jumped out of bed and said, "No! I'm serious, I'll show you!" He walked over with a very devious grin and proceeded to wave his arms around and kick his legs while exclaiming, "hiyah" and "witchyah!"
Addy and I burst out laughing but Cameron was as serious as ever and said, "Yeah, see. Ninja skills are my strength."
I guess if Cameron ever finds himself on a team that needs someone with serious ninja skills, we know who will step up to the plate.
No comments:
Post a Comment