Saturday, November 25, 2017

Icy Surprise

A couple of weekends ago, I was feeling guilty that I had been working so much and instead of spending time with the kids.  I decided to surprise them and take them to Disney on Ice. It was happening at the event center by the children's museum so I told them we were going there and then I was going to surprise them. When we got close I said we were going to make a quick stop to get Daddy tickets to a hockey game. As we were waiting for the tickets there were complaining about how long it was taking and that they just wanted to go to the museum. After I bought the tickets I surprised them and told them that we were going to see Disney on Ice. They were super excited....for about 5 minutes. 
They picked out some toys (with their own money) and we went and found our seats. About 10 minutes into the show Cameron was whining and said, "I wish we were at the children's museum instead. I can't believe you lied to me, you're a bad mommy." 

So much for my attempt to feel less guilty. 

The show was pretty amazing, the kids were pretty whiny. Between wanting more food and drink and toys and still being upset about not going to the children's museum, I think I could save a lot of money and guilt by finding a different surprise. Lesson learned by all. 





No comments:

Post a Comment