We choose to mix it up this year and we celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve (minus the visit from Santa of course) and headed to the mountains on Christmas Day to get in our first skiing of the season. I should mention that it was not only the first skiing of the season, but it was my first time back on skis in over 10 years! I have come out of retirement from skiing now that Brian has done all of the hard work of teaching the kids how to ski (thank you Brian!) My timing was perfect because I am completely content to stay on the green runs all day, which is exactly what we did.
The conditions were perfect, it wasn't busy and it was a beautiful day. The kids were awesome and since we headed out early there was hardly any traffic. I think this might be a new tradition in the making.
We enjoyed it so much, that we made sure to get in another day of skiing on our annual trip to Winthrop, even if the entire ski hill wasn't yet open. Addy mastered the poma lift, and Cameron crushed the tow-rope. It was another great day of skiing.
Brian was on a roll so he took the kids one more day during break when I was back at work. They drove through the rain, but it cleared up and they had a great day. His luck ended when Cameron threw up on the drive home. I think this is the 5th time that Cameron has thrown up in the car and Brian is the one who has to deal with it. I feel terrible for both of them, but as usual, they are both troopers and they made it home and I'm sure will brave the mountain again soon.
Pictures from all of our skiing adventures.
Saturday, January 5, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment