Saturday, June 15, 2019

The Champion Panthers!

Addy had a great softball season and was lucky that a lot of the girls from last season returned, but there were also a lot of new faces which made it fun. The girls improved so much throughout the season. We made double plays, caught pop-flies and even had the catcher catch a foul ball for the out. I don't think any of those things happened last season. The pitching also improved a lot, I think we had some of the best pitching of any of the teams. They still rotate and play all of the bases and Addy improved in all of them, pitching included! She was always walking around practicing her pitching form. All of their hard work must have really paid off because the girls won the whole tournament. The season ended with a double elimination tournament and the girls didn't lose any games! I am so proud of them and it was a great experience to be one of their coaches and I love that Addy will always remember this season. I think my favorite part of the whole season was returning to the fields to watch one of Cameron's game a couple days after Addy had won the tournament. She said to me, "I will never look at Field 2 the same again, from now on it will always be where we claimed victory and won the tournament."







1 comment:

  1. Hey, glad the blog with photos are back, and sorry to have missed seeing you in person during the annual pilgrimage to MN and WI. The kids were still pretty excited about these tournament wins when we talked to them. Great job, family of players and coaches!

    ReplyDelete