As we are getting closer to the first month of 2021 being done and the one year mark of this pandemic, I keep thinking about how some things are the same and yet also different. Cameron just started a flag football league. It feels awesome to have him in a sports activity again, but obviously very different considering that he has to wear a mask and there will be no games. Addy just kicked off girl scout cookie season. Usually a very familiar tradition this time of year, but this year feels dramatically different since there will be no booth sales and you have to limit contact with your customers. Cameron just had a pine wood derby car race for Cub scouts. Over zoom. Similar to prior years and yet very, very different.
I think it's a good comparison for how I feel about the state of the world right now. We are still in a pandemic, we are still unsure of when this will really end and there is still a lot of uncertainty. All the same. Except now I feel hopeful about the plan, optimistic about the vaccine and relieved that it's the start of a new chapter. It is somewhat the same and yet very different.
No comments:
Post a Comment