Saturday, June 25, 2022

A Tough Day

Friday was the last day of school for the kids and a day of taking a huge step backwards to 50 years ago. I couldn't concentrate all day and felt an intense mix of sadness, anger, devastation and helplessness. Addy came home from school and was in tears and when I asked her about it she said she was sad happy because of being done with elementary school. Her tears brought on my tears so we just hugged and cried. She told me all about her emotions about finishing 6th grade and going into middle school. I told her what happened in the Supreme Court and she instantly understood why this was such a big deal and that it made no sense. I told her that my only hope is that her generation can be the change that is needed. I wish I had the right words but they just feel empty right now. The priorities of this country leave me speechless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment