Almost every night Adelyn wakes up around 3:00 am for her middle of the night feeding. I have always been the one to get up with her since Brian has been working and honestly it doesn't usually bother me at all. However, Brian and I have agreed to share the middle of the night feeding responsibilities once I go back to work. Last night during this feeding, I was thinking that I will really miss getting up with her at night. I know that might sound strange, but it has always been our special time together. Everything is so quiet and she is so sweet and peaceful and we've really perfected this feeding so usually it is pretty fast and easy. Usually.
Last night started as our typical 3:00 am feeding. She fed for about 15 minutes and then fell right back asleep. I burped her and then put her back in her crib. Easy as pie. As I was crawling back into bed I thought, I'll just tell Brian that I can continue to do these feedings, I'm not ready to give them up yet. Then not even 2 minutes later I heard her crying. I got up, burped her and she spit up all over onto the carpet. This wasn't anything new so I just cleaned it up, got her back to sleep and crawled back into bed. I looked at the clock and it was 3:31, not bad I thought, I can totally still do this. Then about a minute later I heard her crying again. I went in to check on her and sure enough she had spit up in her crib. I picked her up and just as I got her up toward my shoulder she spit up all over me and down my shirt. Awesome. I cleaned myself up, cleaned up her crib and rocked her back to sleep. I crawled back into bed at 3:42. Again, just a few minutes later she cried again. I went back in, picked her up and then just rocked with her in the chair until I knew she was really asleep. Finally I crawled back into bed at 3:56 and thought to myself, well, maybe I won't miss these night feedings after all.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment