As I've mentioned before my day is basically a cycle of feed, burp, play, change, sleep and repeat (with several spit-ups in between every step). And we repeat and repeat this cycle about 7 times a day. It definitely can wear on you at times doing the same things over and over, but there is one part of the day that I always look forward to no matter how many times I do it and it makes me smile every single time. It is taking Adelyn out of her swaddle after naps and her night-time sleep. Mind you, Adelyn is not the best sleeper (she certainly doesn't take after her mother). She usually only sleeps for about 30 minutes per nap during the day and typically not more than 4 hours between feedings at night, but every time I take her out of the swaddle she gives me look and a stretch that would have you think she had been asleep for days trapped in the swaddle. It starts with one arm shooting up, immediately followed by the other and then a huge stretch arching her back and basically her entire body. She does this every time with the same intensity whether she was asleep for 5 minutes or 5 hours and I just love it. Here is my attempt at capturing her trademark maneuver over the past 2 days.

It always starts with her snug in her swaddle, both arms down at her sides.

One arm and then the other.

The long drawn out back arch.

The occasional "am I really ready to be up?" pause.

I just don't know if I can do this again.

OK, I'm up and I'm happy. Good morning!
That is darling!! There is nothing more adorable than a baby stretch!
ReplyDeletelove the look in the first photo, makes me think she's saying..."not the camera at this hour!" fyi...i found all the pieces to the floor/play mat thing...will have to get to you ASAP!
ReplyDelete