I have started my official countdown to my dreaded "First Day Back at Work." I go back February 1st which means I only have 8 weekdays left of being home during the day with Adelyn. I am dreading it with every ounce of who I am and I actually like my job. I honestly never anticipated having this much anxiety about going back to work and taking her to daycare. My mom was a working mom and almost every woman in my extended family is a working mom so I always accepted that as the norm and never thought it would be an issue for me. But it definitely is much harder to accept than I expected. I'm sure I will adjust like all mom's do but the guilt has already started.
I feel guilty thinking about how much time I will be away from her when I'm at work. I also feel guilty thinking about how I just won't be able to work as many hours as I used to. I feel guilty that I won't be able to spend as much time with my "stay-at-home-mom friends" once I'm back at work and I feel guilty that I probably won't be seeing much of my other friends since I will want to rush home to see Adelyn after work. I feel like I just can't win, which also makes me feel guilty because I know how lucky I am to have a job that I enjoy and to have found a daycare that will be taking such good care of Addy. So I'm doing my best not to think too much about it yet and just enjoy every single minute of the time I have left before becoming a "working mom". Hah! As if I'm not one already.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Megan, making that choice is one of the hardest things a mom has to do. I'm so sorry you're feeling torn in so many directions. Guilt comes easy to moms no matter what decision is made. I promise it won't always feel like this. I'll be thinking of you!
ReplyDelete