Friday, December 31, 2010

Proud Mama

About a week ago I had a friend of mine watch Addy for a few hours since daycare was closed. She has a daughter the same age as Addy so the girls got to spend the day together. She sent me a few pictures throughout the morning and it was so cute to see them hanging out. When I picked Addy up my friend asked me if Addy had any new words she was saying. I told her that she had started saying "baby" recently. I also told her that she had picked up a few signs because we had been reading this sign language book a lot. Then my friend held up the very same book and ask if it was the one. I told her the signs Addy knew but figured there would be no way she would actually do them in front of her. But I tried anyway and opened the book to the "hat" page and Addy immediately padded her head. I was speechless. I turned to the baby page, Addy didn't do the sign but she did say "baby". I couldn't believe it. Then when I got to the telephone page she immediately held her hand up to her ear. I was such a proud mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment