Friday, April 15, 2011
Good Night
I have always been the one to put Addy down at night and reading books has always been a part of our routine. For months and months I'd read several different books but always end with "Goodnight Moon" but recently she won't even let me start reading it, I think she's had enough. So a week or so ago, I switched to "Goodnight Gorilla" and I'd ad-lib a lot of it since it doesn't have many words. Well now we've gotten to the point where Addy knows what I usually say on the pages that don't have words and she says them with me. It is the cutest thing, especially the page where I always say "uh-oh" now she says it on the page before in anticipation of it. She can identify all of the animals in the book and loves to point out the banana and moon on every page that she can find them. The other night she wouldn't let me read any other books, but we read this one 5 times. A new bedtime ritual has begun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment