Sunday, November 6, 2011

The 2 year stats

Addy had her 2 year check-up last week and she continues to grow at the top of the charts. Her height is just over 35 inches (85%), she weighs 31.5 pounds (92%) and her head is 49 cm (89%). At one point the Dr. said, "I think you are most cooperative 2 year old I've ever seen" and then just seconds later Addy melted down into one of the worst crying spells she's ever had. Ever since Addy had the tubes put in her ears, there has been one ear that no one has been able to see into. At her ear check-up a couple weeks ago that Dr. said that he thought there was some wax buildup and to use some drops to take care of it. Apparently, that didn't do anything so this Dr. tried to remove the buildup. She poked and poked and couldn't get anything out and the more she tried the more Addy melted down. I'm not exaggerating when I say that from start to finish Addy cried for more than 45 minutes (Brian and I literally wrestled her back into her clothes and she cried the whole way home). It was awful. The worst part is that she has to go back again for the ear Dr. to get it out because this Dr. didn't want to mess up the tubes. So we get to do it all again next week!
Other than that, Addy is extremely healthy and is progressing on track, on track to be taller than her mom by kindergarten!

1 comment:

  1. Same height and weight as her Gramma Evert
    and Aunt Heather were at age 2.

    ReplyDelete