Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy Halloween!

We bought Addy her Halloween costume almost a month ago and purposely left it out in the living room hoping she would be inspired to put it on. She showed very little interest in it and I don't think we ever really got all parts of the costume on her at one time, so we were nervous about how it would go on Halloween. I brought the costume to daycare and she would only let me put on the skirt, but according to her teachers they got the rest of it on her, of course I have no proof.
I picked her up early so we could go trick-or-treating in the downtown area of our neighborhood. All of the stores and restaurants hand out candy and it's really cute. So of course I had to put her costume on her. I only got as far as the skirt and the wings and she cried the whole time. We made it about 3 blocks and for the most part she was hating every minute. Then Brian showed up and things got progressively better. She started to understand that she was getting treats from each new place and she was less scared about the whole thing. At the end she was actually smiling so we decided to try and put on the rest of the costume. She wanted nothing to do with the headband, but we discovered that once she had a hat on she couldn't feel the headband.
The best part of the whole thing was once we got home she of course wanted a treat. We let her pick one out, she picked a lime-flavored tootsie roll. She put it in her mouth, chewed it a few times and then said "yucky" and gave it back to me. She did the same thing with the 2nd treat and then was done! She declared the treats yucky! Brian could not have been prouder. I think if she had chosen a chocolate one instead the situation would have been different but we were very happy, except now we are eating all of her candy.









No comments:

Post a Comment