Saturday, November 19, 2011

God Bless

Every night before bed, our routine with Adelyn is pretty much the same. Change into PJ's, brush her teeth, read stories and say our prayers. Some nights we name all of the people we want to bless (Mama, Daddy, Addy, Gramma, Grandpa, Papa, Kathy....) and other nights we just say "all of our friends and family." One night though Addy said "Grandma Barb" and I could hardly believe it. I've tried to tell Addy about my mom but you never really know if she can understand a concept like that. I tell her a lot how much Grandma Barb loves her and how proud of her she is.
Today is the 9 year anniversary of my mom passing and every year it effects me in a different way. The last couple have definitely made me feel even more appreciative of the life I have and all of the blessings I've received. My mom is still a part of Addy's life and I know "Grandma Barb" is proud of what she sees.

No comments:

Post a Comment