Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Recap Before The Recap

Finally, I feel ready to return to the blog routine. I knew the last few weeks were going to be a challenge, but I don't think you can ever really prepare yourself for how hard change can be. Just to recap, this is how ridiculous our last month has been.
We closed on our new house on July 31st.
Two days later our friends Joe and Amy came to stay with us for a week.
The next day we picked up our new car.
The day after Joe and Amy left Addy had her last day at her old school.
The next day Addy and I left for Minnesota and Brian went from dropping us off at the airport straight to picking up a U-Hual to move all of our stuff.
For the next 4 days he lived between the two houses before hopping on a plane and meeting us in Minnesota.
We enjoyed the next 5 days with family and tried not to think about the chaos awaiting us at home.
We flew back and drove to our new house full of boxes with nothing unpacked.
Addy started her new school the next day and Brian and I figured out a new commute.
We spent the next 2 weeks without a washer and dryer or internet.
We are now 2 weeks into our new house, completely out of the old house and we have a washer, dryer and internet again! I've never been so excited to do laundry in my life. Here's a couple of pics of Addy playing "house" in the washing machine box. Even she knew it was an exciting day.




1 comment:

  1. Happy housewarming! Enjoying pictures of your recent travels and move.

    ReplyDelete