Thursday, January 24, 2013

Read-a-thon

You might have thought there was a reading contest going on at our house while my Dad and Kathy were here. I'm not kidding when I say Kathy probably read out loud to the kids at least 3-4 hours a day! Adelyn is always in the mood for reading books, but her cold made her even more interested than normal and she was more than happy to sit book after book after book, listening to the stories. She was spoiled by having 3 extra readers in the house who were willing to read every page of the Dr. Suess books! I have a rule with Addy that I'll read her 3 books, unless one of them is Dr. Suess because they are so long, and even then I generally try and skip a few pages here and there. Well, lucky for Addy no one else did that so she got more than usual! She loved every minute of it and continues to amaze me with her patience and attention span for listening to books, hopefully this will rub off on her little brother too!












No comments:

Post a Comment