Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Weekend in Winthrop

Last weekend we were lucky enough to spend 3 nights in Winthrop with Chuck & Robin. It was a wonderful winter getaway. We got several inches of snow while we were there and had a real "winter" experience. Highlights included going cross-country skiing by ourselves (twice!), getting Addy on skis without any tears, playing and sledding in the snow, seeing deer every day, and of course watching the Seahawks game (without kids!)
We had a great time and so did the kids. Addy said a few times, "I wish we lived in Winthrop, we never get any snow like this where we live." I also said several times, "I can't believe I grew up in this kind of weather, everything about it seems so much more difficult now." Which is so true. I have completely forgotten how much work it is to bundle kids up before you go outside and then the effort it takes to get them unbundled when you come back in. And the wetness and mess of coming in and out from snow.  So. Much. Work.  To all of my friends in family in the midwest, you truly amaze me. It is so much harder dealing with snow and cold weather and I believe you are all better (and crazier!) people for it. And I don't actually miss it, at all.
Thank you Chuck & Robin for a wonderful weekend and for spoiling us!




No comments:

Post a Comment