Saturday, November 12, 2016

Silver Lining

I will keep this brief but I think it's important to record. Last week was a tough week and I'm still trying to understand how it happened. The best silver lining I saw was a note from Cameron's preschool teacher. This is how she signed off on her weekly email.

As I sign off this week, I want you to know that you have raised beautifully, loving and kind little people, who are tremendously good to one another. If this week has been unsettling for you in any way, I hope you find wonderful comfort in that. I certainly do…every moment I share with them. 

I think she summed it up perfectly and ever since, I have been consciously trying to be more present in my interactions with them and to appreciate the wonderful stage that they are in and to set a good example for them. I could not be more proud of being their mom and I don't know how I got so lucky to have such wonderful kids and an amazing father. I am eternally grateful and will focus on my blessings as I try continue to figure out how to make sense of what happened and what is next.

No comments:

Post a Comment